Yay, house rules!
Because everybody needs some rules.
These rules are not meant to make life difficult for women. If you feel any of these rules are offensive, we apologise from the very bottom of what is our super deep and big pink hearts that you feel that way. With that being said, the best thing about the internet is that you can find a platform that suits you better, this one ain’t it.
- Be kind and respectful of the next woman.
- Never be shy to call out problematic views… especially if they’re ours.
- Women should wear what women want to wear.
- Women should dream as big as women want to dream.
- Women should do with their hair whatever women want to do with their hair.
- Women who prefer tapered square acrylics men should protect women at all costs!
- No man wants a woman who (seriously) tell corporate to pay women what they deserve.
- The best women are girl this has nothing to do with women, we think men and countries really need to do better to protect women and young girls.
- Makeup is supposed to en- believe her.
- There’s something about women who this “it could be your daughter, sister, etc” narrative shouldn’t be the backbone of your activism against Gender-based Violence. “As long as you don’t accuse someone I know” and “she’s lying because I don’t know her” activism is detrimental to the fight against femicide/GBV.
- Period pains aren’t even as ba- we actually love to see WOC win, it’s satisfying.
- You, our girl, deserve all the success and money that you’ve spent years working hard to secure. Don’t ever be silent, speak up and speak loud even when it isn’t the popular thing to do.
Latest in Projects
Hosted by Masekane Mopedi
A podcast for the modern-day African woman that will help you come up with and breathe life into your big ideas. Served with a side of honest monologues, consistent content and endless punch quotes.
Feature stories by type4girl.
Whether it is your career story or biz startup story, we want it as it is, honest. Success stories have been told, but we’re also in the business of inspiring. Tell us about the story of you or a phenomenal woman you admire. Don’t be shy, say hello to our editor!
Let’s talk business
Advertising, Marketing, PR & Collabos
How’s about we grab a virtual cup of [insert your poison] and talk business? If you’d like to work with us or discuss a PR opportunity, please send your enquiry to our team and one of our rockstars will be in touch. Registered NPOs are welcome to send support or sponsorship requests.
Director Woman is a digital magazine aimed at celebrating and empowering women who aspire to thrive in and ultimately transform positions of power and spaces where revolutionary decisions are made and important conversations held. Get featured, send us your pitch/release.
If you’re feeling particularly Word Persony and have excellent grammar, consider this. You can write an article about something or someone in entrepreneurship, career or natural hair and might (high-key) publish it.