~ PPREVIOUS NEWSLETTERS ~
This month we’re all about the empowerment and development of African women. Happy Valentine’s Month!
– 🖤 –
F E B R U A R Y
I’m accepting article pitches until the 10th of February. Articles will be published Tuesdays & Thursdays like last month.
THEME: PRACTICAL EMPOWERMENT & DEVELOPMENT
This month I’m looking for creative and spirited articles on empowerment & development. You’re welcome to solicit comments or contributions from other women who run NPOs or initiatives dedicated to the theme.
>>> ARTICLE IDEAS: <<<
- The difference between empowerment & development and how to incorporate both in your new project/initiative
- How to empower the modern-day woman, woman in business or professional woman
- Focus on business & corporate empowerment
- Debunking misconceptions surrounding empowerment & development of women
- African governments and how practical their empowerment/development efforts are
- Instagram accounts or movements you should follow
- What is NO LONGER empowering women
- ♥️ FEB BONUS: Love and Vday
- Women & Wellness (Fitness, healthy living)
- Business, Career & Personal Finance
- Social media & Digital Marketing for startup brand builders
J A N U A R Y
Hello team, I hope you’ve had a great start to the New Year.
I’m accepting article pitches from 5 to 13 January for January articles. I’ll consider strong articles that don’t align to the month’s theme on topics like current affairs and socio/ecopolitical issues. Approved articles will be published every Tuesday (if approved Thursday/Friday) OR Thursday (if approved Monday or Tuesday) AFTER the article pitch deadline.
THEME: SMART WOMEN, BIG YEAR
The beginning of the year is no time to be sluggish for those who are building or thinking of building brands. It’s the easiest time to set the tone or reimagine your vision for your career, personal brand or business.
- Making a new start in 2023, how to make resolutions you can keep or a vision board
- Reinventing yourself or your business
- Pivoting your life, career or business
- Picking up from where you left off in 2022
- Navigating JanUworry and financial management tips for hard months
OTHER: Starting over after a failed or abusive relationship; tips when starting a new job; things you should remember when starting a new business
PROFILES/INTERVIEWS: YOU’RE WELCOME TO INTERVIEW OR PROFILE WOMEN WHO FIT/ALIGN WITH OUR BRAND USING A Q&A FORMAT. Please email me if this is something you’d be interested in doing instead of an article.
HOW TO WRITE/SUBMIT YOUR ARTICLE PITCH:
Subject: RE: Thinking of saving your coins this year? Here are 3 tips that worked for me
Email body: [Insert article highlights or main points here] Example: Create a separate account/savings pocket on your banking app; keep all spare change in a piggy bank; set a monthly minimum saving contribuion; conclusion – remember to do what works for you and to financial circumstances
Why do we write article pitches?
An article pitch helps you conceptualise your article and avoid writing a fluff piece in 700 words with only 150 words worth of value. When you write an article, you have to make sure the different points and main ideas are consice and have practical value… Otherwise, you should turn it into an Instagram post and call it a day.
I also use your pitch to determine whether or not an article is suitable for our website and theme. However, if I, for instance, reject a pitch, I’ll try my best to help you pivot it to make it a suitable piece of content.