HELPING ESTABLISH AND ACCELERATE THE DIGITAL VISIBILITY OF BLACK WOMEN-FOUNDED, OWNED OR LED ORGANISATIONS AND COMPANIES
The 2022 application period will close on November 30th
TYPE4GIRL INVITES WOMEN TO HOST THEIR BIZ LANDING PAGE ON WWW.TYPE4GIRL.COM
In March 2022, type4girl the media (Pty) Ltd announced the launch of its pilot programme, the Basadi Bohlale Collaborative Founders Initiative (also referenced as Basadi Bohlale, the initiative). Directly translated, Basadi Bohlale is Sepedi for Women smart. The name pays homeage to the smart black women primarily targeted by type4girl.
The purpose of Basadi Bohlale is to help women establish and accelerate the digital visibility and presence of their profiles, companies or organisations. This will be achieved primarily by significantly reducing the costs associated with having a blog or website developed or designed or getting a professional email. These brands, individual and otherwise, will become part of the type4girl family and thus enjoy increased visibility to our growing community of women. The Initiative was officially launch in early June 2022, and started accepting applications in June, 2022.
NAVIGATE THIS DOCUMENT:
- Initiative Mandate
- Initiative Scope
- Collaborative Founder Profile
- Applications and Application Periods
- Onboarding, Benefits + Terms
- Joining Fees
The mandate of the Initiative is to:
- provide a platform for our Collaborative Founders’ (CF) companies, causes, professionals or organizations in the form of a blog landing page on www.type4girl.com to function as a website or digital point of information;
- publish content developed by CF’s for their respective entities or otherwise, or content developed as a collaborative effort between type4girl.com and CF’s for the purposes of creating, supporting or widening the traceble digital footprint of said content and the personal or business brands of our CFs;
- help develop, support and further any element of the Integrated Marketing Communications function of our CF’s entities’ by functioning as an on-demand Press Office;
- help reduce the financial and administrative pressure associated with building and maintaining a website or domain.
The scope and eligibility requirements of the Initiative are limited to:
- black women or women of colour; AND
- are 35 or younger, or turn 35 at any time in the year of application; AND
- wholly, majorly or equally owns or co-owns, founded or co-founded, executively manages or executively co-manages –
- a CIPC registered private company that:
- does not employ more than 3 fulltime employees, OR
- does not turnover more than R4000 in any month of the tax year, AND
- the earlier of the dates on which the business started operating or was registered is no earlier than March 2019;
- a registered or unregistered Non-Profit Organisation, or an active social cause or campaign that:
- has been running for no more than 2 years, AND
- whose vision or mission mainly speaks to black girls/women or girls/women of colour
- a CIPC registered private company that:
COLLABORATIVE FOUNDER PROFILE
The Basadi Bohlale Collaborative Founder is an individual who is dedicated or committed to, whether directly or indirectly, using their purpose, talent or time to further the empowerment or development of women.
Our CFs prioritise or seek to (in the future) prioritise the employment, workplace advocacy, education and entrepreneurial development of women through their companies, (and/or it’s socially responsible projects) or organisations.
APPLICATIONS & APPLICATION PERIODS
The 2022 application period will close on November 30th and reopen at the discretion of the type4girl team in 2023.
The following will apply to applications:
- Application periods will be communicated in this section as well as at the top of this page on the type4girl website.
- Applications may be closed earlier or later than the established application period above owing to the optimum onboarding of CFs or maximum applications not reached.
- Applications forms can be accessed at www.type4girl.com/apply
- Incorrectly answered or incomplete applications will not be considered
- Applications submitted after the application period or amended/changed application period closing date will not be considered. UNLESS directly authorised by a team member to resubmit a form
- You will be informed when your application is under review and of the outcome. Unsuccessful Candidate Founders are free to reapply in the same year.
ONBOARDING AND BENEFITS
The Onboarding Process consists of 7 steps with specific activities. The length of this process varies from CF to CF and is mostly dependent on the CFs pace.
Successul Initiative applicants will receive a Pink Carpet Brief, a document that will help you track your CF journey and understand how and when the benefits listed below will be carried out.
Initiative benefits include:
- become a type4girl.com content partner
- priority publishing of any company news (new products, upcoming events) and articles (thought leadership, educational, etc) on www.type4girl.com;
- CF marketing/features in Director Woman Magazine, on our social media, in our newsletter (launching 2023) as well on www.type4girl.com;
- a 1-page webpage (similar to this one) on the type4girl website containing your brand logo and general information accessible for up to 2 years without any additional fees;
- a firstname.lastname@example.org email address accessible for up to 2 years without any additional or monthly fees;
- discounted access to future programs or digital resources spearheaded, produced or sponsored by type4girl for up to 2 years;
- discounted access to any 3rd party or external partner programs or resources for up to 2 years;
- custom Canva Media Kit (on request) template including a profile, Press Release, resume and 3x social media (IG) templates.
- Curated adverts our soon to be podcast, According to Black Women.
Terms to note:
- Press Weeks, weeks during which we will actively market your brand as a CF will run bi-monthly and for a duration of 1 year from the month when your landing page goes live.
- All Canva templates mentioned above, in the exception of the 3 IG post templates, must be specifically requested during the first year from when your landing page goes live.
- We also perform logo refreshes on request. This request must come at anytime before the landing page goes live. Logos are 1×1 (square) with a plain background. Two options will be presented, sans any subsequent revision or alteration.
Successfully selected applicants are bound by the agreement included in the application form to be liable for Joining Fees as indicated below:
NPO’s selected to be part of the Basadi Bohlale Collaborative Founders Initiative will be liable for a Joining Fee of R350, payable once-off or in two installments of R200 and R150 in the two months following the notification of acceptance into the Initiative. R450 in 2023, with the option to make two pmts of R250 and R200.
Private Companies selected to be part of the Basadi Bohlale Collaborative Founders Initiative will be liable for a Joining Fee of R550, payable once-off or in two installments of R300 and R250 in the two months following the notification of acceptance into the Initiative. R600 in 2023, with the option to make two pmts of R350 and R250.